Hair Transplant FAQ
Are you considering replacing your lost hair with a transplant procedure? Hair loss can be an emotionally shattering experience, but hair transplantation can be a game-changer. If you are just beginning to explore hair transplant options, you may have some questions. Our hair replacement experts at Elite Hair Transplant Center in Beverly Hills, CA, have compiled some hair transplant FAQs (frequently asked questions) to aid in your research.
- How Successful is Hair Transplantation?
- The new technology used for hair transplants has increased the success rate to an estimated 90-95%. Systems like NeoGraft® FUE have a higher success rate for hair follicle survival due to the minimal damage to the grafts during harvesting and transplanting.
- Will I Have Scars on My Scalp?
- FUT procedures do leave a linear scar in the back of the scalp where hair follicle strips are harvested. However, the existing hair can hide these scars. FUE with NeoGraft is a scarless hair transplant procedure with no incisions or stitches.
- Is Hair Transplant Surgery Painful?
- Both FUT and FUE procedures are completed with local anesthesia that numbs the scalp, so patients do not feel any pain. FUT does have incisions that may be tender once the anesthesia wears off, but this is a mild discomfort. FUE has less trauma to the scalp and very little post-procedure discomfort.
- Do Hair Transplants Work for Men and Women?
- Absolutely! All genders can benefit from hair replacement procedures to restore a fuller, more youthful-appearing head of hair.
- How Soon Will New Hair Grow In?
- After the hair grafts are transplanted to the new area, the follicles will shed the strand. This is normal. Then, new strands will begin to grow, which is usually around 3-4 months after your procedure. By 6-9 months post-procedure, most patients achieve about 80% hair growth with final results appearing around 12-14 months in most cases.
If you have more questions about hair transplant procedures, come see us at Elite Hair Transplant Center. We are located in Beverly Hills in the Los Angeles metro area. Contact our office today to schedule your hair replacement consultation.